Specialized Pediatric ER Close to Home
Medical City Healthcare has brought the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital to North Texas neighborhoods. That means families do not have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Children who need a higher level of care also have quick and direct access to Medical City Children’s Hospital specialists and care teams.
Medical City Healthcare ERs offer full-service pediatric and adult emergency care. Staff and physicians are specially trained to provide families with the highest quality healthcare, according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City Healthcare ERs have been equipped to ensure they meet essential guidelines and have resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug-dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.