Specialized Pediatric ER Care, Close to Home
When Jackson Daneke fell off of his backyard playset and broke his arm, his mom knew just where to go. Days earlier, she’d seen the sign for Medical City Frisco’s full-service pediatric emergency room. With Jackson’s arm hanging loosely and her child sobbing uncontrollably, having the pediatric ER so close to home was a lifesaver.
Benefits of a Pediatric ER
Now, North Texas families don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. We’ve brought the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital to Medical City Healthcare locations, including their hospital-based emergency departments. Children who need a higher level of care also have quick and direct access to Medical City Children’s Hospital specialists and care teams.
Medical City Healthcare ERs have been equipped to ensure they meet essential guidelines and have resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug-dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required